TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The Oil is for the Compressor..
People Seeking Info

Subject The Oil is for the Compressor..

Posted by Cjw3 on May 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  This message has been viewed 271 times.

In Reply To understood. Seeing that I've converted refrigerants... posted by arkansasturbo on May 13, 2014 at 07:40 AM

Message SOME of it ends up in the rest of the system..

It's always nice to start with a clean system.. NEW ( Or Cleaned ) Refrigerant.. and NEW Dryers..

IF you can ( Or do not have the Ability ) to start with a clean system.. then Put in a new Compressor.. charge it with the Proper amount of oil .. ( As I remember the Auto Parts Stores have the Volume ) then toss in a new dryer and recharge the System..

The problem is if you can't pull a vacuum on the system, you are leaving contaminants in to cause problems..

By Vacuum I mean a REAL Vacuum.. not just some pump or Hose adaptor that someone has.. It has to be down into the 'Microns' of Vacuum..

My Advice is to contact an A/C Shop, and see what they will cut you a break on if you do some of the work.. then let them evacuate and charge the system..

I Work on my own systems, as I have the Equipment, so for me it's not a big deal..

Like Boring a Block.. not a big deal, if you have the Equipment and the Knowhow.. A/C is the same problem..

Get some help with someone that has the Equipment.. as you do not want to FUBAR your new parts..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.